moderated AUXCOMM training

Paul W1PJS

If you are interested in taking this training please let me know ASAP, deadlines are tomorrow...

The RI Emergency Management Agency will be hosting the following training:

Auxiliary Communications (AUXCOMM) Training Course (Virtual)- 3 Days

Friday, Saturday and Sunday, February 26-28, 2021 (Times TBD)

Mandatory Technical Check Day (Pick One Date):  Wednesday, February 24th or Thursday, February 25th (Times TBD)

This class is designed for auxiliary communicators and groups who volunteer to provide backup radio communications support to public safety agencies. Typically, this includes amateur radio and Radio Emergency Associated Communications Team (REACT) communicators and other types of volunteer communicators. Volunteer communications operators/groups, using amateur radio, have been providing backup communications to public safety for nearly 100 years. Event planners, public safety officials, and emergency managers at all levels of government utilize their services. Often, amateur radio services have been used when other forms of communications have failed or have been disrupted. Today, nearly all of the states/territories have incorporated some level of participation by amateur radio auxiliary communication operators into their TICPs and SCIPs.

This course focuses on auxiliary communications interoperability, the relationship between the COML and AUXCOMM volunteers, emergency operations center (EOC) etiquette, on-the-air etiquette, Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules and regulations, auxiliary communications training and planning, and emergency communications deployment. The course is intended to supplement and standardize a volunteer operator’s experience and knowledge of emergency amateur radio communications in a public safety context.

Prerequisites for Attendance Personal experience:
• An active FCC amateur radio license
• Past experience in auxiliary emergency communications
• An affiliation with a public safety agency
• A desire to work with COMLs in a NIMS ICS environment

• IS-100, Introduction to the ICS
• IS-200, ICS for Single Resources and Initial Incidents
• IS-700, National Incident Management System (NIMS), an Introduction
• IS-800, National Response Framework (NRF)

All IS courses can be found at https://training.fema.gov/nims/ in order to access these classes you must register for a FEMA Student Identification Number (FEMA SID#) by following this link: https://cdp.dhs.gov/FEMASID

SEE ATTACHMENT FOR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS

HOW TO REGISTER:

Please provide the following information and email to me NLT 4:30 p.m. Thursday, February 11, 2021.  Registrants MUST scan and email all prerequisite certificates as well.

  1. First Name
  2. Middle Initial
  3. Last Name
  4. Suffix
  5. Email address
  6. Public Safety Affiliation
  7. **How will affiliated agency utilize you upon completion of the class

Paul Silverzweig
W1PJS
RI Section Emergency Coordinator
All Hazards FEMA/RIEMA ComL
USAF MARS
RI Assoc. of Emergency Managers
     Chair, Amateur Radio Committee
Portsmouth RI EMA
Trustee NB1RI Repeater Network
646-522-2262

--
73,

Paul, W1PJS
RI Section Emergency Coordinator

Ralph Smith Jr

I would be interested in take the course. My only problem is i do not have access to a scanner in order to scan my certificates from the required fema classes. I do however have digital copies of them on my phone would i be able to send those to you instead of scanned copies?

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

[...]

Please don’t send them to me... but yes digital versions from Fema are fine...

I’ll get info to the people who are interested...

On Feb 10, 2021, at 12:40 PM, supermanrs0226@... wrote:

[...]

Ok thank you. I will keep an eye out for that info to come. Thank you for the quick reply.