Beavertail Lighthouse Activation/Picnic


Paul W1PJS
 

I am looking forward to seeing as many of you as can make it Saturday August 7th at Beavertail Lighthouse.

We will be setting up starting at 9am, in the lawn area near the museum, and tearing down around 5pm to clear the park by sundown…

Other than those of you who have specific items you’re bringing, everyone should bring chairs enough for their own use, and a side dish or beverages to add for lunch. When in doubt, a beverage (bottled water, flavored drinks) is a good idea… pasta, potato, other sorts of salads, also work…

If it’s possible, bring a canopy type covering, as depending on how many come, the need will vary, but note that yours may not need be used if we have enough before yours is set up😎👍

We will set up a VHF 2m radio and be available for talk in on 147.420 simplex… we will also monitor the NB1RI repeaters periodically…

Hope to see you there…

Paul Silverzweig
W1PJS
RI Section Emergency Coordinator
FEMA/RIEMA All Hazards ComL
AUXCOMM
Military Auxiliary Radio Service
RI Assoc. of Emergency Managers
Chair, Radio Comms Committee
Portsmouth RI EMA
Trustee NB1RI Repeater Network
646-522-2262


--
73,

Paul, W1PJS
RI Section Emergency Coordinator


Teri Diiorio
 

I am bringing a plain yellowcake and American chop suey, with a stove for keeping it warm and the forks and bowls.
Let me know if anyone is bring napkins or paper towels
73
Teri 
W1PUP

On Aug 5, 2021, at 2:44 PM, Paul W1PJS <W1pjs@...> wrote:

I am looking forward to seeing as many of you as can make it Saturday August 7th at Beavertail Lighthouse.

We will be setting up starting at 9am, in the lawn area near the museum, and tearing down around 5pm to clear the park by sundown…

Other than those of you who have specific items you’re bringing, everyone should bring chairs enough for their own use, and a side dish or beverages to add for lunch. When in doubt, a beverage (bottled water, flavored drinks) is a good idea… pasta, potato, other sorts of salads, also work…

If it’s possible, bring a canopy type covering, as depending on how many come, the need will vary, but note that yours may not need be used if we have enough before yours is set up😎👍

We will set up a VHF 2m radio and be available for talk in on 147.420 simplex… we will also monitor the NB1RI repeaters periodically…

Hope to see you there…

Paul Silverzweig
W1PJS
RI Section Emergency Coordinator
FEMA/RIEMA All Hazards ComL
AUXCOMM
Military Auxiliary Radio Service
RI Assoc. of Emergency Managers
    Chair, Radio Comms Committee
Portsmouth RI EMA
Trustee NB1RI Repeater Network
646-522-2262


--
73,

Paul, W1PJS
RI Section Emergency Coordinator






Paul W1PJS
 

Ah… paper towel or napkins… I keep meaning to mention that… not so far…

I think we have paper plates and forks etc taken care of… Sean?

Paul Silverzweig
W1PJS
RI Section Emergency Coordinator
FEMA/RIEMA All Hazards ComL
AUXCOMM 
Military Auxiliary Radio Service
RI Assoc. of Emergency Managers
     Chair, Radio Comms Committee
Portsmouth RI EMA
Trustee NB1RI Repeater Network
646-522-2262

On Aug 5, 2021, at 3:36 PM, Teri Diiorio <teri.diiorio@...> wrote:

 I am bringing a plain yellowcake and American chop suey, with a stove for keeping it warm and the forks and bowls.
Let me know if anyone is bring napkins or paper towels
73
Teri 
W1PUP

On Aug 5, 2021, at 2:44 PM, Paul W1PJS <W1pjs@...> wrote:

I am looking forward to seeing as many of you as can make it Saturday August 7th at Beavertail Lighthouse.

We will be setting up starting at 9am, in the lawn area near the museum, and tearing down around 5pm to clear the park by sundown…

Other than those of you who have specific items you’re bringing, everyone should bring chairs enough for their own use, and a side dish or beverages to add for lunch. When in doubt, a beverage (bottled water, flavored drinks) is a good idea… pasta, potato, other sorts of salads, also work…

If it’s possible, bring a canopy type covering, as depending on how many come, the need will vary, but note that yours may not need be used if we have enough before yours is set up😎👍

We will set up a VHF 2m radio and be available for talk in on 147.420 simplex… we will also monitor the NB1RI repeaters periodically…

Hope to see you there…

Paul Silverzweig
W1PJS
RI Section Emergency Coordinator
FEMA/RIEMA All Hazards ComL
AUXCOMM
Military Auxiliary Radio Service
RI Assoc. of Emergency Managers
    Chair, Radio Comms Committee
Portsmouth RI EMA
Trustee NB1RI Repeater Network
646-522-2262


--
73,

Paul, W1PJS
RI Section Emergency Coordinator






--
73,

Paul, W1PJS
RI Section Emergency Coordinator


Sean McGrath
 

I'll bring all the paper type products required.
--
Sean McGrath
W1SMM


Paul W1PJS
 

Great Sean… thanks!

Paul Silverzweig
W1PJS
RI Section Emergency Coordinator
FEMA/RIEMA All Hazards ComL
AUXCOMM
Military Auxiliary Radio Service
RI Assoc. of Emergency Managers
Chair, Radio Comms Committee
Portsmouth RI EMA
Trustee NB1RI Repeater Network
646-522-2262

On Aug 6, 2021, at 6:09 AM, Sean McGrath via Groups.Io <seanmcgrathcfi=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

I'll bring all the paper type products required.
--
Sean McGrath
W1SMM
--
73,

Paul, W1PJS
RI Section Emergency Coordinator